Friday 31 May 2013

A New Project ! Yippeee

Finally! after all the crazy big alterations this week, that seemed never ending, I have decided to work on a new project.( I need my sanity after all the unpicking !:) and restitching madness.. ;)

I have never use ready-made patterns . I always make my own patterns. Each pattern is like a new baby. I never quite know what I would achieve with the toile or with a flat master pattern which I would alter after draping.(I also copy exisiting dresses by taking out the pattern, there are quite a few ways to achieve this.This project is a pattern taken out from an existing dress)

The  project is a dress and I will put up pictures to show how hard making a dress really is. Its not a very difficult pattern but it needs a lot of TLC at certain stages. With the pret a porter market growing and everything becoming less expensive, I fear that people do not really appreciate how hard it is to make a dress to a high quality of finish.

For now there are a few sneak peeks of the project ...


 O and just to keep you wondering its a reversible dress with a collar and cuffs and a double full circle skirt front and back!!

3 comments:

Please feel free to add your comments ,Thank you